Montag, 28. Januar 2019

0048 - Recovering the OT-64 - Part I

1415 25 JUL 2000
=============
"We rolled up on the town as we usually did. I remember before the war, when we went on manuevers, you approached each town in a relaxed manner. The hatches were open, people were out in the sun, smokin' and jokin'. Not any more. When you roll up, you roll up like some may open fire on you because they just might. We rolled up on the town locked and loaded with weapons free.

Just before we reached the outskirts, two ORMO with a death wish stood in the road and waved us off to a side street on the right. Although there were signs of vehicles passing, it definitely was not the main route. Potato drew a bead on him but the convoy leader old Mr. Majkowski had assigned us seemed OK with it and waved off to the right too. It may be alright or it might not. Just in case this was an elaborate trap, Harris moved the barrel of his L7 in the direction of the convoy leader.

Finally after about 200m, the convoy leader waved us off into the parking lot of an old restaraunt. Large trees covered the parking lot and their branches kept out the sun. At least we could have a firefight in a nice place for once. No low crawlin' through the mud today. There were some more ORMO at the back of the parkin' lot and we pulled up in front of them. They seemed relaxed and were still at should arms, but I was pretty sure who the first two casualities would be if the fireworks started.

The convoy leader dismounted and signalled Klasha and Harris to follow him. They spent a few minutes jabberin' with them and the look of disbelief or suspicion on the major's did not make anyone feel better. Griff dismounted with Macron and the two moved nonchanatly off to the right, lookin' for a good position. Thankfully no one got any extra holes in them that day and the two came back from their impromptu meeting of the minds and let us know what the deal was. While we were discussin', the ORMO and the convoy moved off and left us to our discussion.

Harris told us there were Russians in the town and that the town council had asked that we stay out of their sight. It would be bad for business if we were to meet up appearently. The town council would be willing to put us up and keep the Russians occupied if we would assist them in locating some of their people. Since today was appearently "Help a Commie Day", the group decided to at least hear the proposal."

As detailed in the last post, the town council will relate the events leading up to the point where they lost contact with the mechanic and his team, They will request that the characters recover the mechanic and assist in the recovery of the items he was originally sent to recover. In return, the town is willing to offer shelter for the team for a period of up to three days.

Looking at it from the perspective of a NATO refugee stuck in the middle of Poland, it is not a bad deal, but could it get better. The group has a lot of odds and ends that they may want to trade. Since the tiown seems to be have a booming business going on, maybe the town would let them trade a bit too.

[GME: Will the town council give the characters access to the markets so the can do some trading before they leave - Chaos Rank 5 - Likely (75%) - 91% - No]

Now that is a surprise. Although this probably would lead to a rapid escalation, we can also use it as a carrot. The town council is not willing to let the characters access the market before they leave, BUT the are willing to give them free access after they return. First the work, then the pleasure.

Despite the set back, the deal is not bad. The characters willl take the deal and agree to find the missing mechanic. The town council will give the characters the location of where the mechanic was planning to go as well as the name and description of the mechanic. The characters agree to leave in the morning.

Before they leave, however, I can do a little record keeping (what would T2K be without it). The bullets, gas and beans used previously have to be removed as well as the medical supplies used to treat the wounded from our last encounter. Poor Klasha, that is definitely going to leave a scar.

The scratch wounds are gone. Griffin recovers from the slight wound to the left arm he recieved on the 22nd. Harris recovers from the slight wound to his chest, as does Macron. Currently, the only two wounded in the group are Harris and Klasha, both with a serious wound to the head. Pain meds are passed out and wounds dressed. Now we just need to wait.

Note on wounds: since my character sheets are in OpenOffice calc, I add comments to the wound boxes when the wound took place. This helps me track the progress. When the wound is healed, the comment can be deleted. Just a hack that some may find useful.

Now to determine the real situation. In the last post, we gave several alternatives for the scenario. I roll one D6 and determine that the mechanic and his party have been attacked (roll 2) and been captured (roll 6). I roll a group encounter to who attacked them and come up with Primitives. Oh, this got interesting.

Generally, primitives are a hard encounter for a referee (just my opinion, of course). The parties are generally well-armed and the primitieve are not. A straight out fight will not go well, so we need stealth. A single unit of primitives will also not be a challenge, so I roll three different group and combine them. I come up with the following:

  • Encounter: Primitives unit with primitives. (Observation 12)
  • ========================================================
  • Veteran Polish primitive #1
  • (Initiative: 4, Attributes: 7, Assets: 13, UCD: 4)

  • Motivation:
  • -----------------------------------------------------
  • Murderous: The NPC either has committed murder or is planning a murder. Murder in this sense does not mean a simple killing, rather means the secret and intentional killing of an acquaintance for reasons of personal gain. Although the world is a very violent place in the year 2000, murder is still rare.

  • Moderately violent: The NPC is aggressive and inclined to view violence as the preferred means of resolving disputes.

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: .38 Special Snubnose with 4 magazine(s)/belt(s) and 20 loose rounds

  • Food: 1kg of Wild Food

  • *****************************************************
  • Veteran Polish primitive #2
  • (Initiative: 4, Attributes: 7, Assets: 13, UCD: 4)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: M9 with 2 magazine(s)/belt(s) and 20 loose rounds

  • Food: 10kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Veteran Polish primitive #3
  • (Initiative: 4, Attributes: 7, Assets: 13, UCD: 4)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: .22 Automatic with 5 magazine(s)/belt(s) and 20 loose rounds

  • Food: 5kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Experienced Polish primitive #4
  • (Initiative: 3, Attributes: 6, Assets: 11, UCD: 3)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Hatchet

  • Food: 1kg of Domestic Food and 1kg of Soviet Field Rations

  • *****************************************************
  • Experienced Polish primitive #5
  • (Initiative: 3, Attributes: 6, Assets: 11, UCD: 3)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Club

  • Food: 8kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Experienced Polish primitive #6
  • (Initiative: 3, Attributes: 6, Assets: 11, UCD: 3)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 4kg of Wild Food

  • *****************************************************
  • Experienced Polish primitive #7
  • (Initiative: 3, Attributes: 6, Assets: 11, UCD: 3)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 2kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #8
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 2kg of Domestic Food and 4kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #9
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Hatchet

  • Food: 1kg of Domestic Food and 2kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #10
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 1kg of Wild Food and 4kg of Soviet Field Rations

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #11
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #12
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 2kg of Domestic Food and 2kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #13
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Longbow with 11 arrows/bolts

  • Food: 2kg of Wild Food and 4kg of Soviet Field Rations

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #14
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 1kg of Wild Food

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #15
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 4kg of Domestic Food

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #16
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Club

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 2kg of Domestic Food and 1kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #17
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 4kg of Domestic Food and 1kg of Soviet Field Rations

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #18
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 5kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #19
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 1kg of MREs

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #20
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Crossbow with 10 arrows/bolts

  • Food: 1kg of Domestic Food

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #21
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food:

  • *****************************************************
  • Novice Polish primitive #22
  • (Initiative: 1, Attributes: 6, Assets: 9, UCD: 1)

  • Hits:
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -1 Initiative
  • OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO -2 Initiative
  • Note: initiative modifiers are culmulative.

  • Main Weapon: Spear

  • Food: 2kg of Wild Food

  • -----------------------------------------------------

  • The unit is on foot.

A bunch of primitives lead by a murderer. What could go wrong?

Now we need a map.

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2019

0047 - Arriving in Kepno

1415 25 JUL 2000
=============
Now I am going to do something I do often do and roll back the idea of using Solo for the next five posts. I thought a lot about the last post and the plan resolution and I found it to be a bit dry and missing some of the main elements that I have grown fond of in T2K. There was no cliff-hanger or that feeling that the characters might not make it out of the situation. In past episodes, for example, we have seen the heavy weapons damaged in the middle of a firefight and lost a HMMWV to enemy fire. Some of the characters almost drowned and it looked really bad for them. All that was missing in the last post.

As a result, I have decided to not use Solo for the rest of the posts. This should not be considered a criticism of the Solo rules and I continue to use elements, like relationships, to add depth to my game. Solo is just not a good fit here but that does not mean it might not be a good fit somewhere else or for someone else. That being said, on to the story,

The group has escorted a convoy carrying food from Zloczew to Kepno. We know from the description that there is a) a small Soviet MP detachment in the town and b) an ORMO that is not interested in moving beyond the city limits to pursue anyone. The question remains, what is the general reception in the town. For that, we can consult our T2K rulebook.

Kepno, Poland
Settlement Size: (2,000 with a militia/ORMO of 200)
Settlement Attitude: Open to contact
Settlement Government: Corrupt council
Settlement Crisis: Mechanic needed.

This information can be added to my reference entry on Kepno, helping to expand the information I have on the city over time.

Our picture of Kepno has a few more pieces. The detachment of Soviets (10 MPs) is small enough that they will probably not attempt to intercept the characters. They will defend themselves if attacked but would probably realized they are outgunned,

We also know that the MPs direct convoys that pass through the town several times a day. The population is doing a lot of trade with the convoys when they pass, so there is probably a strong interest in keeping the status quo. That would explain the settlement attitude. The more contact, the more business.

Although the local ORMO has been told to look out for stragglers, there is nothing to indicate that they will open fire immediately. This is probably very true for Americans escorting a merchant convoy.

Then there is the council. Corrupt councils come to power by force or rigged elections. That does not really work here so we can declare that the council is skimming off the frequent traffic passing through the town by keeping the Soviets busy when there are things they shouldn't see and providing "protection" for those elements doing their business within the city limits. This would also require the help of the police or ORMO, which would also explain their lack of motivation when it comes to pursuing stragglers. To create a little conflict, we can assume the officer leading the MPs is against this kind of arrangement. Despite that, the council will not want anything to happen to the Soviets, as they serve as their legitimate cover.

Now we only have one final piece missing and that is the matter if the settlement crisis (a mechanic is needed). So the settlement needs a mechanic and we know that convoys pass through the town several times a day. Something needs to be fixed that the Soviets cannot help the town with OR something that the town does not want the Soviets to know about. The latter makes the better story. It cannot be something simple and common place, like a still. It is likely that a lot of people could help fix that. That would make it uncommon and probably very valuable.

Finally, we can propose a create scenario hook out of our heads: the town is doing a lot of business revolving around the transport of goods, both legal and extra-legal. The transport of goods has become more dangerous and then town is looking at a way to stiffen their convoy defenses. Recently, the ORMO has discovered a OT-64 derelict that could be recovered. The derelict is one of a group of three, although the other two can probably only be salvaged for parts. The town council dispatched a small group with the resident mechanic, but they have not returned. The council is willing to offer shelter and an opportunity to trade if the group can recover the OT-64 and the mechanic's party.

We can use a Traveller trick here and propose several alternative outcomes or details for the hook.

    1D6 Roll  Details
======================================
1  
The mechanic and his crew recovered the OT-64 and set off to sell it to the highest bidder. The town council will not believe the characters and accuse them of stealing the OT-64 and doing away with the mechanic.
2-3
The mechanic and his party have been working at the site but have been attacked and 1-2) killed, 3-4) captured, 5-6) been run off. The characters will face resistance when they try to recover the OT-64.
4-5
The ORMO is as corrupt as the council and has been working with a local marauder group to help the towns people run into trouble. the mechanic had a lot of valuable tools and equipment with him when he left. The OT-64 exists but it is not a derelict and is fully operation and in the hands of marauders.
6
The situation is as presented. The mechanic and his crew are having difficulties salvaging from the wrecks. They would appreciate a hand and then everyone can go home and enjoy a little down time.

Now we are prepared and can begin play.

Montag, 7. Januar 2019

0046 - Zloczew and Beyond

Having successfully crossed the Warta, the characters have made their decision to continue on to Krakow. From a travelling merchant they have heard of the free city and are determined that is their best possibility for a reprieve from the war. They intend to stay in the relavtive safety of the city before planning their next steps.

Two main roads lead south (over Weilun) and south-west (through Kepno) from Zloczew. The team are interested in the conditions in both and ask the town council if anyone has travelled from there recently.

[GME: Has anyone arrived from Weilun recently - Chaos Rank 5 - Somewhat Likely (65%), Weilun is nearby and has a good road. There is probably a lot of merchant travel - 66% - No]

Unfortunately, no one has arrived from Weilun in the last week. Although that would normally be a rather odd occurrence, the recent hostilities may be to blame.

The question remains if anyone has travelled from Kepno recently.

[GME: Has anyone arrived from Kepno recently - Chaos Rank 5 - Somewhat Likely (65%), Kepno is also nearby and has a good road. There is probably a lot of merchant travel - 32% - Yes]

The town council points the characters to a old transport company that has, in the recent years, started transporting goods through the war zone. Time to find out how  Marshall saw it:

Through the dust and grime, you could just barely see the signs that the place used to be a transport company. There were pictures of tractor trailers, forklifts and pictures of naked women in the garage (one of things I am not going to miss). Now, the tractor trailers sit disused in a corner of the lot, gathering dust and a skirt of leaves. They had been replaced by a couple of used 5-tons, one American and the other Polish. Both sported heavy machineguns and improvised armor plating. They were dirty but seemed serviceable.

As we approached, two guards barred our way. They held their submachineguns, a pair of Sterlings, with practiced ease and they kept the barrels pointed in our direction, even if they had not raised them yet. Klasha explained to them what we wanted, to talk to the boss, in Polish. They seemed to be OK with that and one keyed his radio and apparently relayed the information to someone else. Then we stood there a bit, everyone pretending that they were not ready to gun down the other side at the drop of a hat.

After an eternity or two, the radio squawked, informing everyone that we could enter. The guards let us through and directed us to an open vehicle bay containing a box van that had seen better days. You could not miss the bullet holes or the blood stains under the door. Someone had obviously had a bad day. An older man with a cane and a noticeable limp was directing the repairs so we assumed that was the boss. Klasha called out and he turned our way, revealing his wrinkled face with quick eyes under bushy gray eyebrows.

The man is Antonin Majkowski, the owner of the transport company. It would be important to learn about his motivation in order to determine if he would be willing to help the characters.

  • Motivation:
  • =====================
  • Generous: The character is generous to a fault and will gladly give away anything he has to someone in need, even if this leaves him with nothing. In less extreme cases, he will be inclined to make very generous trades and will always refuse payment for help with a task other than one directly related to his normal livelihood.
  • Moderately ambitious: The NPC will wish to be in a position of real responsibility in an organization.

Antonin is willing to help the characters. He can tell them of a small detachment of Soviet military police in the town and an extremely poorly motivated militia. All in all, it should not be a problem with the characters, seeing as how they handled themselves against the stragglers. However, if the characters are going that way, Antonin has a business proposal, He has a shipment of foodstuffs bound for Weilun. A recent trip, however, resulted in a good portion of his crew ending up on sick leave. Would the characters consider letting his truck tag along as far as Kepno?

The characters agree.

The Plan
The HMMWV Jerry will lead the way, followed by the 5-tons and the 3/4-ton Bud as tail end charlie. The separation will be 50m. Jerry will have the TOW mounted and both L7s are deployed on the 3/4-ton. Both vehicles will also have RPGs prepared, just in case. In case of contact, the closed guard vehicle will engage and dismount the passengers. The other vehicle will attempt to flank any aggressors.

The plan is rated as Solid but Dangerous. The mission is simple and the characters are equipped well for the mission, however, something can always go wrong. The characters receive +2 (they have both the assets and skill for the roll).

Resolving the Plan
The roll to successfully execute the plan is 8+ on 2D6. The characters receive a +2 bonus and the roll is 14 (12+2). That is a success. Now to check the consequences. The consequences have the same success roll as the plan (8+ on 2D6). The roll is a 7, resulting in a negative consequence. We can think up a negative consequence or roll one randomly. I decide to roll (2D6) and the roll has a modifier of +2 because the mission was a success. The result is 8 (6+2), resulting in "Part of the mission was failed or incriminating evidence left behind". The most obvious interpretation is that some of the cargo was destroyed in an encounter on the way to Kepno. The trucks were probably not destroyed, as the mission was an outstanding success. This may have on effect on our relations with Antonin later. We need to make a note of that.

Wrapping it up, we add Antonin to our NPCs list and make note of the damage to his cargo on our watch. The characters have now arrived at Kepno.



Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018

0045 - The Battle of Zloczew - Aftermath

0800 25 JUL 2000
=============

Them Russians had had enough. We poured it on and then they decided to look for easier pickin's somewhere else. We made an unspoken agreement to leave the other be. Some old grizzled Starshina came forward under a white flag and we negotiated their withdrawal from the town. They gave back the weapons and supplies they confiscated and we made sure no one put a bullet in them as they left. Major Harris insisted they also give up the support weapons, which they did reluctantly. I got that but we didn't want to be on the wrong end of an RPG when we left town.


The fight for the town is effectively over. The NPCs have had their morale reduced to a point sufficient to cause them to rethink their actions and start an orderly withdrawal. Securing the towns weapons and supplies will be a positive sign for the townspeople, allowing the group to stay for a couple of days to heal their wounds. The Russians leave town, headed north, in search of their comrades. No one is really happy with the arrangement. The town people would like to see them strung up and the characters are not really happy about a group of Russian with an axe to grind leaving unhindered. It is not realistic that the Russians would just surrender en masse to such a small opposition force, even with the assistance of the town militia. They are smart enough to know what they can expect if they do surrender.

Rule Set Change

At this point, I am going to change the basic solo rule set I have been using. The next five posts will be done using the Solo ruleset from Zozer Games. This is a lightweight ruleset designed for use with the Cepheus Engine, specifically Traveller. As I may have mentioned, I am also a great fan of the Traveller and specifically the Traveller: The New Era (TNE) setting. Not trying to start an edition war here. To each his own and mine is TNE.

The current solo rule set, Mystic GM Emulator, depends on a series of questions to be addressed to the GM Emulator. The chance of the answer being yes is determined as a percentile and the dice rolled appropriately. I intend to keep this, as I find it really helps flesh out the encounters prior to the action. What I am looking at now is a way to speed up the encounter resolution.

Solo uses a mechanism called the "fortune in the middle". In short, once the situation is determined, a plan is formulated on how the characters intend to deal with this situation. The plan is then rated to determine the chance of the plan succeeding. It is also rated determine how dangerous the plan is. This results in a roll to see if the plan is successful and the consequences of the resolution. These can be either good or bad. The more dangerous the plan, the higher the chances of bad consequences. Following the resolution (and the consequences), one of two paths should be chosen for the characters to proceed on until the next episode or scene.

I have already added some of the elements of Solo to my game here, for example, character relationships. Solo also uses elements like NPC lists, plot lines, etc. making it very compatible with GME. I will not be using the detailed combat system that I have been using and my apologies to those that have really gotten used to them. They are really great and a central point of any T2K game. They do, however, slow the story down a lot. I may begin again with that method of encounter resolution after the experiment. We will see.

Parallel to this I will also be running the same experiment on a new solo TNE campaign. I will be recording the development of both on my blog.

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2018

0044 - The Battle of Zloczew - Turn 13

0830 23 JUL 2000
=============

We have been through a lot, the team and I. We have fought and killed, we have seen people die. Danger and death are not new to us. I do have to admit, however, I was getting a bit nervous when I saw how many 'skis were closing in on us and heard the firing comin' from the other positions. It was gettin' tight.

Turn 13 - Initiative Step 5
Actions:
  • Potato will go prone and fire his L7A2 at the group approaching from the south following Novice Soviet straggler #147
  • Mitchell will retrieve two 7.62mm belts and bring them to Harris
  • Robinson will reload his AKR

Order of Actions:
  • Robinson (Agl 7)
  • Mitchell (Agl 5)
  • Potato (Agl 4 - Bulk 6 = -2)

Play:
Robinson slaps a new magazine into his AKR as he prepares to drive the Stragglers back.

Mitchell grabs two ammo cans from the truck bed and moves toward Harris' position.

Potato will fire two bursts at Novice Soviet straggler #147. The range is 95m (Medium).  The burst will be reduced by three rounds due to range.
  • [Fire first burst at Novice Soviet straggler #147. – Asset Level 15 – Impossible (x1/4 - Automatic fire) – Target Number 3 - Roll(s): 2,15,3,19,4,12,16] - One hit.
  • [Fire second burst at Novice Soviet straggler #147. – Asset Level 15 – Impossible (x1/4 - Automatic fire) – Target Number 3 - Roll(s): 8,7,3,7,16,13,14] - One hit.

The target is standing. Both rounds hit him in the left leg causing a total of 28 points of damage. He is seriously wounded and his initiative reduced to 0, taking him out of the fight.

A total of 12 rounds missed. Half of those rounds (6) may hit targets in the danger zone, which is in this case Novice Soviet straggler #144 and Novice Soviet straggler #148.
  • [Danger Zone Attacks – Asset Level 15 – Impossible (x1/4 - Automatic fire) – Target Number 3 - Roll(s): 11,13,12,10,4,15] - No hits.

Lead is flying down the street but no one else takes a round.

Turn 13 - Initiative Step 4
Actions:
  • Griffin will fire two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110.
  • Macron will fire three quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #169 charging at him.

Order of Actions:
  • Griffin (Agl 6 - Bulk 5 = 1)
  • Macron (Agl 4 - Bulk 5 = -1)

Play:
Macron fires at Novice Soviet straggler #169. The range is 100m (Long). The target is prone.
  • [Fire three quick shots at Experienced Soviet straggler #169 – Asset Level 13 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick shot at Medium range)  – Target Number 6 (25 on the third due to recoil) - Roll(s): 7,15,1] - One hit.

The target is standing and the round hits him in the right leg for 16 points of damage. He his slightly wounded and his initiative is reduced to 0, also taking him out of the fight.

Griffin fires another two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110. The range is 55m (Short).
  • [Fire two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110 – Asset Level 12 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at close range)  – Target Number 12 (10 on the second due to recoil) - Roll(s): 10,6] - Two possible hits but they are stopped by the wall..

Turn 13 - Initiative Step 3
Actions:
  • Marshall will fire two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110.
  • Logan stop the HMMWV behind Bud.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will again fire two quick shots at Robinson
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 will bound to the next building
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 will cross the street and take cover in the building
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 will aim his C3 at Potato
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 will continue to advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 will continue to advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 will take aim at Marshall
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 will cover the other two in the building with him
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 will advance toward the cover of the building to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 will remain prone, covering those advancing behind him.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 will remain prone, covering those advancing behind him.
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 will take cover in the buildings to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 will take cover in the buildings to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 will take cover in the buildings to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 will take cover in the buildings to his front

Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96  (Agl 6)
  • Logan (Agl 5)
  • Marshall (Agl 5 - Bulk 3 = 2)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 (Agl 6 - Bulk 4 = 2)

Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 crosses the alley and enters the next builing.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 crosses the street and enters the opposite building.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 aims his C3 at Potato

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 advances behind the row of buildings to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 advances behind the row of buildings to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 takes aim at Marshall with his AKMR.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 covers those in the building with him.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 advances toward the cover of the building to his front but instead enters the alley between the buildings.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 remains prone, covering those advancing.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83  remains prone, covering those advancing.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 takes cover in a building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 takes cover in a building to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 takes cover in a building to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 takes cover in a building to his front.

  • Logan stopes the HMMWV behind Bud.
  • Marshall fires two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110. The range is 70m (Medium).

    • [Fire two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110 – Asset Level 11 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick shot at Medium range) – Target Number 3 (1 for the second shot due to recoil)  - Roll(s): 7,9] - Both Miss.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will fire two quick shots form his FN-FAL at Robinson. The range is 65m (Short). Robinson has his arms and head visible above the sandbags.

    • [Fire two quick shots at Robinson – Asset Level 11 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at Close range) – Target Number 11 (9 for the second shot due to recoil)  - Roll(s): 6,5] - Two possible hits but both rounds are stopped by the sandbags(Leg, Abdomen).

Turn 13 - Initiative Step 2
  • Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 will fire two quick shots at Robinson with his M231.

  • Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 (Agl 6 - Bulk 3 = 3)

  • Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 fires two quick shots at Robinson. The range is 50m (Medium).

    • [Fire two quick shots at Robinson – Asset Level 11 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick shot at Medium range) – Target Number 3 - Roll(s): 1,13] - One hit takes Robinson in the head. The round hits his helmet and Robinson takes 1 point of damge to the head. Robison is not stunned but will lose his next action as this is his first wound.

Turn 13 - Initiative Step 1
  • Actions:
  • Harris drops back into cover and calls for a new belt.
  • Klasha dismount the HMMWV and go prone.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 fire a quick shot at Marshall.
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 will take cover in the buildings to his front.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 will take cover in the buildings to his front.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north

  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #77
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 will aim his G3 at Macron
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #77
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #77
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 will bound forward and drop prone
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 will take cover in the builings along the street
  • Order of Actions:
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 (Agl 6)
  • Harris (Agl 5)
  • Klasha (Agl 4)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 (Agl 6 - Bulk 5 = 1)

Play:
Novice Soviet straggler #144 takes cover in the building to his front.

Novice Soviet straggler #148  takes cover in the building to his front.

Novice Soviet straggler #149 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #150 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #151 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #152 follows Experienced Soviet straggler #77 through the alley

Novice Soviet straggler #158 aims his G3 at Macron

Novice Soviet straggler #163 follows Experienced Soviet straggler #77 through the alley

Novice Soviet straggler #165 follows Experienced Soviet straggler #77 through the alley

Novice Soviet straggler #168 bounds forward and drops prone.

Novice Soviet straggler #170 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #171 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #172 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #173 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #176 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #177 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #197 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #199 takes cover in the buildings on the street.

Harris goes into full cover behind the corner and calls for more ammo.

Klasha dismounts and goes prone near the HMMWV.

Novice Soviet straggler #110 fires a quick shot at Marshall. The range is 65m (Short).
    • [Fire a quick shot at Marshall – Asset Level 9 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at Short range) – Target Number 9 - Roll(s): 8] - Possible hit. Marshall is protected by the wall and only her arms and head are exposed. The round impacts on the wall below the window.

At the end of the round, the stragglers have had enough. Running headlong into machineguns is nothing they are really keen to do. The current casualty level is 35% and they will attempt to begin an ordered retreat, recovering their wounded if they can.




Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2018

0043 - The Battle of Zloczew - Turn 12

0830 23 JUL 2000
=============

If we had had wire, they would defininately have been in the wire. There was a group pressing us from the north and I found out later they were approaching in force from the west and south too. It was getting tight and we needed to make every shot count without killin' any civis.

Turn 12 - Initiative Step 5
Actions:
  • Potato will reload his L7A2.
  • Mitchell will dismount and take cover near Bud
  • Robinson will will fire the last two rounds in his magazine at Experienced Soviet straggler #03
Order of Actions:
  • Robinson (Agl 7 - Bulk 2 = 5)
  • Mitchell (Agl 5)
  • Potato (Agl 4)
Play:
Robinson fire 2 quick shots at Experienced Soviet straggler #03. The range is 60m (Medium, but just barely).
  • [Fire at Experienced Soviet straggler #03  – Asset Level 9 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick Shot at Medium Range) – Target Number 4 - Roll(s): 13,6] - Both miss.
Mitchell dismounts and drops prone near Bud.

Potato grabs another belt for his L7 and reloads near Bud, kneeling as he does.

Turn 12 - Initiative Step 4
Actions:
  • Griffin will fire two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110.
  • Macron will fire three quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #83.

Order of Actions:
  • Griffin (Agl 6 - Bulk 5 = 1)
  • Macron (Agl 4 - Bulk 5 = -1)
Play:
Macron fires at Experienced Soviet straggler #83. The range is 115m (Long). The target is prone.
  • [Fire three quick shots at Experienced Soviet straggler #83 – Asset Level 13 – Impossible (x1 /4 - Quick shot at Long range)  – Target Number 3 (2 on the third due to recoil) - Roll(s): 19,9,6] - All miss.

Griffin fires another two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110. The range is 55m (Short).
  • [Fire two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110 – Asset Level 12 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at close range)  – Target Number 12 (10 on the second due to recoil) - Roll(s): 16,4] - One possible hit but the target location is the legs and the round misses.
Turn 12 - Initiative Step 3
Actions:
  • Marshall will fire two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110.
  • Logan will drive the HMMWV toward the barricade
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will again fire two quick shots at Robinson
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 will advance and take cover in a building to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 will advance and take cover in a building to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 will advance and take cover in a building to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 will continue to advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 will continue to advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 will advance and take cover in a building to the east
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 will advance and take cover in a building to the east
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 will advance toward the cover of the building to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 will remain prone, covering those advancing behind him.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 will remain prone, covering those advancing behind him.
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 will advance down the street to his front
Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96  (Agl 6)
  • Logan (Agl 5)
  • Marshall (Agl 5 - Bulk 3 = 2)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 (Agl 6 - Bulk 4 = 2)
Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 moves behind the row of buildings to the north, hugging them as he advances.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 advances behind the row of buildings to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 runs forward before dropping prone.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83  runs forward before dropping prone.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 runs down the street to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87  runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 runs down the street to his front.
  • Logan drives the HMMWV toward the barricade. The vehicle accelerates to 15m/turn.
  • Marshall fires two quick rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110. The range is 70m (Medium).
    • [Fire two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110 – Asset Level 11 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick shot at Medium range) – Target Number 3 (1 for the second shot due to recoil)  - Roll(s): 10,16] - Both Miss.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will fire two quick shots form his FN-FAL at Robinson. The range is 65m (Short). Robinson has his arms and head visible above the sandbags.
    • [Fire two quick shots at Robinson – Asset Level 11 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at Close range) – Target Number 11 (9 for the second shot due to recoil)  - Roll(s): 11,8] - Two possible hits but both rounds are stopped by the sandbags.

Turn 12 - Initiative Step 2
  • Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 will fire two quick shots at Robinson with his M231.

  • Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 (Agl 6 - Bulk 3 = 3)

  • Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 fires two quick shots at Robinson. The range is 50m (Medium).

    • [Fire two quick shots at Robinson – Asset Level 11 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick shot at Medium range) – Target Number 3 - Roll(s): 2,6] - One possiblehit but his abdomen is protected by the sandbags.
Turn 12 - Initiative Step 1
  • Actions:
  • Harris turn and empty his L7 at the stragglers approaching from the West.
  • Klasha will remain alert in the HMMWV
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 fire a quick shot at Marshall.
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 will advance down the street to the North.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #147 will advance down the street to the North.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 will advance down the street to the North.
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north

  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 will continue to advance toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 will take cover in the building to his front
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 will continue to advance toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 will continue to advance toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 will bound forward
  • Novice Soviet straggler #169 will bound forward
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Order of Actions:
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #147 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #169 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 (Agl 6)
  • Klasha (Agl 4)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 (Agl 6 - Bulk 5 = 1)
  • Harris (Agl 5 - Bulk 6 = -1)
Play:
Novice Soviet straggler #144 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #147 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #148 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #149 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #150 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #151 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #152 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #158 takes cover in the building to his front.

Novice Soviet straggler #163 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #165 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #168 stands and bounds forward.

Novice Soviet straggler #169 stands and bounds forward.

Novice Soviet straggler #170 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #171 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #172 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #173 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #176 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #177 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #197 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #199 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Klasha remains alert in the HMMWV but takes no other action.

Novice Soviet straggler #110 fires a quick shot at Marshall. The range is 65m (Short).
    • [Fire a quick shot at Marshall – Asset Level 9 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at Short range) – Target Number 9 - Roll(s): 13] - Miss.

Harris fires a burst at the troopers approaching from the west. The range is 80m (Short).
    • [Fire a burst at Experienced Soviet straggler #86 – Asset Level 13 – Impossible (x1/4 - Automatic fire at Short range) – Target Number 3- Roll(s): 8,6,8,17,17,1,14,9,13,16] - One possible hit. The target is standing (running actually, but who is being picky). The hit location is the head (1). The target does not have a helmet and takes 12 points of damage. This results in a quick kill.

Harris half of the rounds that missed (4) may hit targets in the danger area.
    • [Danger zone attacks due to automatic fire – Asset Level 13 – Impossible (x1/4 - Automatic fire at Short range) – Target Number 3- Roll(s): 16,20,2,8] - One possible hit.

There are three posible targets in the danger zone around Experienced Soviet straggler #86. They are:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171

A random roll determines that Novice Soviet straggler #170 is hit in the left leg for 15 points of damage. His initiative is reduced to 0, taking him out of the fight.

At the end of the round, the reaction forces are still advancing, despit their losses. The current casualty level is 31%.



Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018

0042 - The Battle of Zloczew - Turn 11

0830 23 JUL 2000
=============

Them Russians started comin' out of the woodwork. They were all over the place. North, South, West, you name it, they were there. I even checkd our six a couple of times. Never know where they might pop up. Commies all over the place.

Note: Based on their average morale scores, the marauders would have already beggun to retreat. The retreat level would have been 25% and the casualty percentage is currently 27%. The retreat threshold will be raised to 33%, as the reaction force has just arrived and does not have a clear view of the situation. The thresholds for rout (38%) and surrender (52%) remain unchanged.

Turn 11 - Initiative Step 5
Actions:
  • Potato will run South to retrieve another belt from te 3/4-ton
  • Mitchell will stop Bud in the road facing South
  • Robinson will take cover behind the sandbags and fire five quick shots at Experienced Soviet straggler #03

Order of Actions:
  • Robinson (Agl 7 - Bulk 2 = 5)
  • Mitchell (Agl 5)
  • Potato (Agl 4)

Play:
Robinson fire 5 quick shots at Experienced Soviet straggler #03. The range is 60m (Medium, but just barely).
  • [Fire at Experienced Soviet straggler #03  – Asset Level 9 – Formidable (x1/2 - Quick Shot at Medium Range) – Target Number 4 - Roll(s): 10,2,16,11,6,] - One possible hit. The NPC has his head and arms exposed. The hit location is 9 (Leg), resulting in a miss.

Mitchell turns Bud South and stops on the road.

Potato runs South, past Griffing to retrieve additional belts from the bed of the truck.

Turn 11 - Initiative Step 4
Actions:
  • Griffin will fire two quick more rounds at Novice Soviet straggler #110.
  • Macron will enter the building to his front and take cover

Order of Actions:
  • Macron (Agl 4)
  • Griffin (Agl 6 - bulk 4 = 2

Play:
Macron enters the building, stepping over the wounded and takes cover inside, facing the oncoming stragglers.

Griffin fires another two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110. The range is 55m (Short).
  • [Fire two quick shots at Novice Soviet straggler #110 – Asset Level 12 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at close range)  – Target Number 12 (10 on the second due to recoil) - Roll(s): 15,10] - One possible hit but the target location is the legs and the round misses.

Turn 11 - Initiative Step 3
Actions:
  • Marshall will take cover near Maron in the building to the south
  • Logan will drive the HMMWV toward the barricade
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will again fire two quick shots at Robinson
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 will advance down the street to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 will advance down the street to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 will advance down the street to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 will advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 will advance behind the row of buildings to the north
  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 will advance toward the cover of the building to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 will advance toward the cover of the building to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 will advance toward the cover of the building to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 will advance before dropping prone
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 will advance before dropping prone
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 will advance down the street to his front
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 will advance down the street to his front

Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 (Agl 6)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96  (Agl 6)
  • Logan (Agl 5)
  • Marshall (Agl 5)
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 (Agl 6 - Bulk 4 = 2)

Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #38 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #45 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #48 advances down the street to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #51 moves behind the row of buildings to the north, hugging them as he advances.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #52 advances behind the row of buildings to the north.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #55 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #70 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #77 advances toward the cover of the building to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #80 runs forward before dropping prone.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #83  runs forward before dropping prone.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #86 runs down the street to his front.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #87  runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #91 runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #95 runs down the street to his front.
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #96 runs down the street to his front.
  • Logan drives the HMMWV toward the barricade. The vehicle accelerates to 12m/turn.
  • Marshall moves into cover near Macron in their impromptu strong point.

  • Experienced Soviet straggler #03 will fire two quick shots form his FN-FAL at Robinson. The range is 65m (Short). Robinson has his arms and head visible above the sandbags.

    • [Fire two quick shots at Robinson – Asset Level 11 – Difficult (x1 - Quick shot at Close range) – Target Number 11 (9 for the second shot due to recoil)  - Roll(s): 19,17,] - Both Miss.

Turn 11 - Initiative Step 2
  • Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 will reload his M231

  • Order of Actions:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 (Agl 6)

  • Play:
  • Experienced Soviet straggler #37 drops his empty magazine before slapping a new one.

Turn 11 - Initiative Step 1
  • Actions:
  • Harris will attempt to regain conciousness
  • Klasha will remain alert in the HMMWV
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 will reload his Mauser
  • Reaction Force Group #1
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #38 down the street to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #147 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #38 down the street to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #38 down the street to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #52 behind the buildings to the north

  • Reaction Force Group #2
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #55 toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #55 toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #55 toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 will follow Experienced Soviet straggler #55 toward the cover of the buildings
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 will advance before dropping prone
  • Novice Soviet straggler #169 will advance before dropping prone
  • Reaction Force Group #3
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 will advance down the street with the rest of his squad
  • Order of Actions:
  • Novice Soviet straggler #110 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #144 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #147 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #148 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #149 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #150 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #151 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #152 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #158 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #163 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #165 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #168 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #169 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #170 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #171 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #172 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #173 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #176 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #177 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #197 (Agl 6)
  • Novice Soviet straggler #199 (Agl 6)
  • Harris (Agl 5)
  • Klasha (Agl 4)

  • Play:
Novice Soviet straggler #110 reloads his Mauser.

Novice Soviet straggler #144 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #147 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #148 advances down the street to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #149 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #150 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #151 advances behind the buildings to the north.

Novice Soviet straggler #152 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #158 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #163 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #165 advances toward the cover of the buildings.

Novice Soviet straggler #168 advances and then drops prone.

Novice Soviet straggler #169 advances and then drops prone.

Novice Soviet straggler #170 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #171 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #172 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #173 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #176 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #177 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #197 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Novice Soviet straggler #199 moves with the rest of his squad down the street.

Harris attempts to regain conciousness.
    • [Attempt to regain conciousness – Attribute Level 14 (Twice his Constitution) – Difficult (x1 ) – Target Number  14  - Roll(s): 10] - Success.
Harris is no longer stunned and can take an active part in the combat now.

Klasha remains alert in the HMMWV but takes no other action.

At the end of the round, the reaction forces are advancing. The current casualty level is 27%.