Friday, May 7, 2021

0158 - From the Workbench #1

The pandemic has reduced my travel times. I used to spend an hour going to and coming from work. Now my day has been extended by another two hours and that, coupled with the guys from Free League teasing us with another version, has led me to reconsider my models. Recently I ordered some models from Empress Miniatures (https://www.empressminiatures.com/) from their Ultra Moderns-line. I purchased two army deals, both from the US Army and Chechnya groups.

 

The purchase as not as straight forward as it used to be and the extra import tax was a nasty surprise, I am happy with the figures, even if I did not get exactly the ones I ordered. The figures are great and have been completed, with the Chechnya force standing in for T2K Marauders. I changed out an M4 with an AK (which broke during an unfortunate fall from the workbench. :-) ) to give it a more realistic feel and took a few pictures.

 

I grabbed some terrain from my 28mm Civil War collection and my son snapped a few pics (shout-out to K!). The barn and fences are home-made, in case you were wondering. The battlemat is from Kraken Wargames (https://krakenwargames.com/Home) and the trees are from Faller.

 

Looking forward to the skirmishes on the Tabletop.

 

Less talk, more pics.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment