Friday, June 22, 2018

0011 - Just a Note

Just a note on who I am. I like to play the game. I like the idea and many aspect of the games. Despite the wrath I might call upon myself by saying this, but I like the ruleset too. I am a dedicated player.

What I am not, however, is a gear head. Yes, you can argue the virtues of this weapon system or that piece of night vision, that is your individual freedom and I respect that. I will not do so, as I believe that there is more fun to be had playing the game instead of arguing that the range of this is too short or that vehicle should have the pan-galatic gargleblaster Mk V mounted on the commander's cupola. If that is your thing, I encourage you to chase your interests.

My experience is that game is playable as is and all the fancy doo-dads do not add to the game. Instead, I like to see the game as a military adventure novel and not as a full combat simulation. My military experience sometimes results in my cringing at the passage in a book I may read, telling myself that that is just not realistic. It does not, however, detract from my enjoyment of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment