Tuesday, May 28, 2019

0060 - Combat Flow Charts

Often the discussion among T2K V2.2 dissenters centers around what they believe to be the "clunky" rule set. This pertains mostly to combat. I admit that in comparison to other modern rulesets on a d6 basis they may appear overly complicated. However, compared to modern rulesets like D&D, I believe they are not that clunky. I have played a lot of games from the original Traveller, 1st Edition AD&D, Megatraveller, Aftermath and many more and I believe a system can be learned and with experience comes the experience to streamline the rules.

What also helps, I believe, is using flow charts to help you remember all those little steps and details. I have started making some for the T2K v2.2 combat rules and you may find them here.

Again, this is just for my sanity but it would make also me happy if I could also help someone get a better understanding of the rules.

I will occasionally update this as I make more flowcharts.

04.06.2019 - Added more flow charts both unarmed and armed combat as well as small arms fire including automatic fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment